Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Romeo and Juliet

  In Romeo and Juliet, my favorite character is Juliet. She's my favorite because she's so intelligent and mature for a thirteen year old. I love how she's not easily influenced. For example, when her mother was speaking to her about marrying Paris, she told her mother that she wanted to marry someone that she actually loved. I think that's amazing. If i was her, I would've just said okay to make my mother happy, but she didn't. I have various assumptions on why Juliet didn't just agree with her mother to make her mother happy, but they're not exactly logical. 
One: She really doesn't like Count O Paris as a person to marry.
Two: She's not in love, therefore she doesn't feel comfortable getting married.
Three: She thinks she's too young.
So, yeah. I love Juliet as a character so far in the book.


No comments:

Post a Comment