Friday, February 3, 2012

Title: House by the Railroad (Art Poem)

They Called it the "House by the Railroad"
I called it "home".
Where I shared good times with my family.
Times where I was happy to be there at that moment and time,
and wouldn't wish to be anywhere else.

Where I experienced bad times
with people who I thought hated me.
Times where I wished to be somewhere else,
Prayed to be in a different, less complicated family.

Where I had dreams.
Soft and gentle,
like rain at midnight,
like snow at dusk.
Smooth like Aveeno lotion.

Where I experienced nightmares.
Terryifying and painful,
like being ran over by a 14 wheeled truck on the freeway,
like getting stuck in a thunderstorm alone.
Rough like pavement.

Where I read my favorite books.
Where I stayed home when I got sick.
Where I un-wrapped Christmas gifts.
Where I cried.
Where I smiled.

Where I lived.

No comments:

Post a Comment